Sunday 14 October 2012


I have just returned from a very relaxing time in The Peak District, specifically Edale, where I stayed in The Old Police Station.

Please do have a look and feel free to share/cut and paste them both with anyone you think would be interested in a wee get away!

The Old Police Station is very comfortable, with the best wet room/shower ever and in an amazing area close to Hope, Hathersage, Matlock, Bakewell as well as a 2 minute walk to a train line that will take u to both Manchester and Sheffield. 

The place is run by Robin Wood who also appears in the following episode of the BBC's "Paul Martins Handmade Revolution" 

Robin appears 25 mins or so into the program and I was lucky enough to see some of his work at close hand. I also made a purchase of some of his beautifully hand carved spoons. More information on Robin can be found at this link.


I will post up some other pics at a later time ... but in the mean time I can't recommend a visit to this place which is situated in the centre of The Peak District.

No comments: